Monday, November 15, 2010

Trade review 11-15-10

I got a couple plays right...

Hits:

ANTS

Nominal early downside moves aside, this mostly advanced, for easy money. 0.63 held. Rose steadily into the close, which was green by over 28.5% today.

AVOE

Opening on a gap down, this rose at first, which soon reversed course and went red for good. This produced an easy short entry. The stock steadily fell into the close, which was red by over 28.5% today.

SPPH

Opening on a gap up, this did not take too long to fail, and once it fell below its opening price and the previous session close, a fade entry beckoned. Gradual reddening followed, which continued into the close, one that was red by over 11.5% on Monday. Generally dump entries on such stocks are preferable, as here.

Misses:

MRGP

I'd like to claim at least a push on this, but despite finishing green (+4.0%) as predicted, it opened on a gap up which accounts for that result. Early longs could have been faked out, and more choppiness followed, which could have lost money. The reversal point high was also incorrectly called. With such moves, a loss it is.

Push:

ASTM

Almost arguable as a win, the tank occurred later than I specified so I will settle for a push. I got the direction right. I also predicted an attempted gap down fill. It fell into the close, which was red by nearly 15.5% today.

Totals:
Daily record: W-3 L-1-P-1

75%

Review my blog at Investimonials:

Follow me now on Twitter:

Watch my instructional trading videos on YouTube:

Subscribe to Big T by e-mail:

Subscribe to Big T in a news reader:


The blog has a terms of service. Be sure to read it at:



http://traderbigt.blogspot.com/2010/02/please-read-my-terms-of-service-i.html

No comments: