Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trade review 10-12-10

I got a couple picks right...

Hits:

GNOLF

Flat hod open tanked nicely all day. Easy pickings for shorts as this closed red by nearly 14.5% today.

BULM

Another easy one, with a gentle downward biased glide all day into the close, which was red by over 9% today.

ASTI

A rare long for me zoomed out of the gate as hoped for, yielding a long scalp and more. Green by nearly 24% today after a strong gap up near lod debut.

Misses:

ARTW

This rare long pick from me kept going, on the back of the upcoming conference call and revenue reaction. I could call this a win, since it closed green by over 4% today, but it faked out longs early on the 9:35 A.M. EST candle when it soon fell below the open and the previous close. True, it did go red to green later on, but since the previous session low was so far down some would have had to have been stopped out before reaching that number.

Push:

GETA

I figured this new 52 week low would more likely continue to drift south. It bounced later on in the session but still finished nominally red after re-falling and ascending into the close to end down by 4% today. Arguably a win, but the choppy price action merits a push outcome as at best it is a cheapo win.

GKK

Daily doji close. Arguable as a win as it fell nicely intra-day, but the red close was mostly lost in the gap down open since it finished unchanged on the close today compared to the open. Officially red by nearly 4.5% today.

GU

A bit generous of me to call this a push, as it tanked nicely early and I even Tweeted on it live. It gradually recovered to finish unchanged relative to the previous close, filling the gap up debut as it faded. Any reasonable cover would have made money here, but I am not one to brag...

Totals:
Daily record: W-3 L-1-P-3

75%

Review my blog at Investimonials:

Follow me now on Twitter:

Watch my instructional trading videos on YouTube:

Subscribe to Big T by e-mail:

Subscribe to Big T in a news reader:


The blog has a terms of service. Be sure to read it at:



http://traderbigt.blogspot.com/2010/02/please-read-my-terms-of-service-i.html

No comments: