Sunday, December 19, 2010

Trade review 12-16-10

I got some of these things right...

Hits:

TNGS

Opening on a gap up, this never went red, steadily advancing into the close, which was green by over 9% on Thursday.

AKRX

We got our red to green long after opening flat and immediately selling off. This rose nicely, and eventually returned red but went sideways for a long time following the rise, so when it broke support virtually any long would have exited with most of the loot. At any rate, it returned green and closed higher than it opened. Green on Thursday by over 2% by the finish.

BSQR

Opening on a gap up near the lod, this rose sharply out of the gate, then gradually rose. A gentle climb continued into the close, which was green by over 7% on Thursday. Taking and holding was a cinch.

STKL

Opening on a gap up up at the lod, this closed off of the highs, but still green by nearly 1% on Thursday. The moves were steady and sure. Boring, just as I said, but a win nevertheless.

Misses:

CTDC

This opened on a gap up, and while I could argue a push, I was too wrong about everything to merit anything other than a loss. Yeah, a top fishing short was possible on the spiking I hoped for, but it played out in a way that was too hard to time, as it happened 5 minutes in. It also faked out shorts near the close a bit. Finished green by 12% on Thursday. Some of that was lost in the gap, but not all of it.

EXEL

A whipsaw. True, it finished unchanged on Thursday, but it looked good at the gun. Then it fell under 8 and while that might have been faded, I was less interested in that. It rebounded, retaking 8 but essentially going sideways from then on. Since I was wrong about the timing and price action, a loss is called for.

Push:

PZG

This did not pan out according to my wishes, but it is a push as it never yielded a long entry. Opening on a gap down, it never went green, and dumped heavily early. It recovered a bit, but meandered into the close, which was red by over 6.5% on Thursday. I said to keep flat in such a situation, preferring a long only.

Totals:
Daily record: W-4 L-2-P-1

66%

Review my blog at Investimonials:

Follow me now on Twitter:

Watch my instructional trading videos on YouTube:

Subscribe to Big T by e-mail:

Subscribe to Big T in a news reader:


The blog has a terms of service. Be sure to read it at:



http://traderbigt.blogspot.com/2010/02/please-read-my-terms-of-service-i.html

No comments: